In addition to the expected energy savings promoted by the project, the following regional awareness, knowledge and innovative and replicable tools/models will be generated:
Tools to design the financial plans, both for public and private entities
New public-private cooperation schemes to implement sustainable energy projects in cities and public buildings.
New models of contracts with energy suppliers – ESCOs, subject to energy performance, saving guarantees and verification of those savings (energy performance contracts – EPC).
New models of contracts with investors (credit lines, equity loans, covered bonds).
New models for public tenders for retrofitting and street lighting
Driving-force public calls for proposals
About energy efficiency in local entities, integrating funds and objectives from different departments.
– Calls for city councils, for energy efficiency projects, gathering a funding plan using the previous tools.
– Calls for sustainable strategic projects.
About energy efficiency in industry:
– Calls for proposals to energetically audit the SMEs. This grant will entail the commitment to implement some of the measures proposed by the auditor. It will be integrated with the investment grants.
– Fiscal grants. Possibility to increase the % of tax relief due to investments in self-consumption premises. This measure is addressed to both companies and public in general.
About energy efficiency in private buildings:
– Grants devoted to retrofitting.
– Tax incentives.
Energy efficiency success cases in industry and services